Software is one of the best resources for parents wanting to support their child’s learning. This is because well-chosen educational software provides:
However, there is a big difference between ‘edutainment’ and genuine educational software. We only provide resources which are research-based with proven effectiveness. We retail some of the leading educational software programs from other countries (see Home Products), but have also produced
the first major-level NZ literacy software program – Steps!
- Used by over 800 schools
- Used by some of the top specialist dyslexia schools in the UK
- Enjoyable and easy to use
- Highly effective – every activity is research-based (even the games)
- Suitable for all learners from 6 to adult (also has many activities which 5 year olds can do!)
- Completely customizable to individual learning needs – also caters for dyslexic learners
- Develops vocabulary, comprehension, inferential thinking, grammar knowledge, auditory and visual memory and phonological awareness!
- Provides ready-made courses, or facility to customize the program to each individual child
Steps enables you to:
- Monitor your child’s learning (full reports provided)
- Choose accents (NZ, UK or Australian)
- Enter your own lists of words and sentences (up to and including university level)
- Follow set courses, with automatic individualised reinforcement built in
- Directly reinforce your child’s learning at school or through tuition
- Print a variety of worksheets and games
There is also a complete range of game-type resources which can be used to develop different aspects. These are not essential, but are valuable resources for parents wishing to home-school.
Youtube video clips will guide you through the program and there is a software manual which will appear on your computer screen when you load Steps.